In my practice I have a strong focus working with men on an individual basis who are wanting to make changes in their intimate relationships either because they are dealing with long-term issues or patterns, or because they are recovering from sexual addiction and want to be excellent fathers and husbands.
It is amazing to see a man make the decision to change patterns of behavior that have brought hurt and pain to his wife and children. Of course, a wife is always responsible for how she manages her marriage but when a man wants to make permanent change in how he relates in his close relationship it is nothing less than spectacular. Change happens when men decide to change.
Here are just a few examples
on what my clients work on:
- Mental and emotional abusive long-term patterns
- Dealing with long-term patterns of estrangement and distance
- Conflict resolution patterns-changing long-term patterns of conflict management
- Communication skills
- Parenting skills
- Becoming a romantic, supportive husband while maintaining healthy boundaries
- Managing difficult relationships at work
- Managing difficult relationships with family, friends, and community
- Creating a more intimate relationship while gradually fading out sexual addictions
- Repairing relationships with adult children
This list is not all-inclusive. I enjoy the fact that many husbands work with me one-on-one to restore their marriage and family relationships. It brings me great pleasure to see men becoming more successful in their most important relationships. It is wonderful to see their healthy leadership skills emerge as they move in close, effective relationship with their wife and children. Men are awesome!!!
Begin to "move beyond the
Caroline Gearing, MA, LMFT
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
"moving beyond the storm"